Friday, February 13, 2009

House Mouse Challenge #24



For this challenge I made a birthday card for my sister, Beverly. I don't think she ever checks my blog but I may have to remove it from my blog later because I don't want her to see her card before her May birthday! Bev loves lime green! and she loves quilting! and loves House Mouse!! so I combined it all to make her a special card.

I sewed the fabric squares on my sewing machine. Each little square is just over 1/2" (she'll really understand how much I love her when she sees this teeny quilt!!). I ran the yellow strip of paper in the center through my "Happy Birthday" Cuttlebug embossing plate and I added some sparkle to the straight pins and thimbles with a glitter pen, though the sparkle doesn't show up. The sentiment is from The Angel Company.



Thank you for looking. : )

Patti

16 comments:

Patti said...

When I look at this picture on the blog it cracks me up! Doesn't it look like the mouse is going to hit his head on the top of my little photo box! heeheehee

Patti

Suzanne :O ) said...

that is SO darling! love the sentiment, it's so perfect for this image :D hope you have a happy valentine's day!!!

Judy said...

Hee hee - love it!
Judy

Sharon said...

Oh wow, what a great way to decorate your card by quilting. It looks great with the image. Gorgeous.

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

It is sooo cute!!! and I love the layout and colors! Beautiful card!

Janice W. said...

What a thoughtful card packed with a lot of love. It is darling and I know your sister will love it!

Lorie said...

Your card is absolutely adorable! I love your little quilt, and I'm sure your sister will be thrilled with your wonderful creation. I too am enjoying the HM challenge and the exposure to so many amazing blogs.

Jeanette - said...

ADORABLE! I LOVE your little quilt!! What a sweet work of love for your sister!!
TFS!!!

Stacy said...

Oh! What amazing details! This card is wonderful! I love it :)
Blessings

Maria Matter said...

Hi Patti!
This is over the top gorgeous!
HM images are the cutest and I love the way you colored it! But Wowzer, a quilt?! That's incredible! And gorgeous!
An excellent card indeed!
Blessings, Maria

Susan said...

Awesome Patti!!!!! You conquered this week's challenge with no problems.....I love your card. Can't help but giggle when I see the image.

GiftsByHeidi said...

Wow, Patti, that tiny quilt is something else!! It's incredible. She's going to love it!

Anonymous said...

WOW Patti! I told you you are brilliant. That is some card. The quilt is SO PRETTY and the house mouse image is so adorable. They go perfectly together. I'm sure she will love it and appreciate the time you put into this one.

Leigh said...

I love your quilt and having done patchwork myself, this would have been fiddly to do. Great card.

Emma said...

Loving your tall and thin card. x

Nina said...

now there is a lot of love placed into this card and I am sure your sister will certainly feel it!! I LOVE everything about this card!!! thanks for sharing!