Sunday, March 1, 2009

House Mouse Challenge #26



If you understood how much I love House Mouse images then you might be able to really grasp how much I LOVE! the challenges at House Mouse Monday. The challenge this week was to create a card for a mother. I immediately got a picture in my head of what I wanted to do.

All my papers are from Stampin' Up. The Image, Chef Amanda, is my newest House Mouse stamp. I cut the letters with my Cricut using the Basic George cartridge. I colored the little "mom" using some water color pencils and some chalk. I embossed the two ms using "Script" Cuttlebug embossing folders and finished it off with a sentiment by The Angel Company.

I wanted the "O" in MOM to be a frame for Amanda so I cut the opening using my Creative Memories cutting system and placed a piece of acetate in the window opening. I stamped an image of Amanda on the acetate using Staz On ink. Stamping the background where a cut-out will be is a technique I always try to use when I am cutting out an image with fury lines : ) this way behind the cut-out you can still see the fur sticking out and the shadowing under her feet. I think this gives your cut-out image more depth.

I didn't show it here but I carefully made a frame for the inside of the card so that the acetate is securely tucked inside and cannot be moved and so the inside of the card has a nice finished look. Also this way an uncolored image of Amanda shows when the card is opened. I then placed a piece of my pink patterned paper on the inside of the card and off to the side I stamped "Happy Mother's Day".

I made this card for my MIL. I know she'll like it because she is a Mom and she has to LOL - but I like it too and I think it is always nice when we can send a card that we are happy with!

Thank you for looking!

Patti

18 comments:

Denise said...

This is such a beauty!! LOVE the framed Amanda!! Thanks so much for visiting my blog and your very sweet comment. I love your blog!

coldwaters2 said...

Aw that is one gorgeous card and love that image. I am also a lover of the House Mouse stamps and enter the challenge as often as I can didn't manage it this week.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Judy said...

Patti - that is sooo cute. You know I love the HM stamps as much as you do. The little frame with Amanda in it is very cool. Love the shadow and everything. Very nice job! I may try your technique sometime, although it looks like a lot more work than I like to do. LOL! TFS
Judy

scrapperjulia said...

I love how you put the mouse in the 0. how clever! I just love this card, great job on the challenge!

GiftsByHeidi said...

Patti, that is adorable!! So clever to spell out Mom and cut out the O and put the image in there. I just love it!

Janice W. said...

Your attention to all the little details is amazing! Another wonderful card!!

Sue from Oregon said...

Wonderful card! Love how you set off the image! Thanks for stopping in on my blog today!

Leigh said...

This is such a gorgeous card. Wonderful.

Carmen O. said...

This card is Superb! What a great design. I love the "O" frame for lil' miss Amanda. Great job.

Suzanne :O ) said...

sweet card, Patti! I adore the cutout, you did a really great job! :D

Anonymous said...

Your MIL is one very lucky lady to have someone as talented as you making cardsfor her Patti.
I love your little chef Amanda! She is so precious!
~Vicky

Wendy said...

I love your card, it's really cute. The window with the mouse inside is awesome.

Susan said...

Clever.....cute....totally AWESOME Patti! You should submit this card for publication. I have this image but have never used it. Now I'm encouraged to do so. Keep creating Patti! Your cards are fabulous!

Anonymous said...

WOW.JUST.WOW
what an incredible card!
your MIL is very lucky and you are a great house mouse artist! LOL
lucyg

Anonymous said...

i just love this card its adorable! that house mouse is fantastic

RDH said...

Oh Patti, what a wonderful card!!! That is a wonderful technique you used too, I'll have to remember that one. Great job!!
Heather

Unknown said...

Patti when we get together we should make this card! Its adorable!

Anonymous said...

Patti!!!! You are a genious. I know I have said that before. But It's worth saying once again!Amanda is one lucky house mouse. You presented her beautifully! Love it! Your Mother will cherish it.I love the bow on Amanda tail. I adore how you put the flower with the button on the M . You would definately be published with this card if you submitted it!
You totally rock out the house mice!