Saturday, December 7, 2013

Keeping Cozy

"Cozy Cardinals" by Keeping Cozy is the name of the paper I used for this card.  It is by Echo Park and I just love it!! The beautiful trees pattern is printed on one side and the cardinal pattern is on the other. Lovely!!

I created this card using a sketch from Mojo Monday - the place I love to go first when I need inspiration and a shot of Mojo!! : )

If you look closely you will see fine silver glitter all over the card simulating falling snow.  This is the very first time I have used this glitter spray.  I bought it at (ahem) Wal-Mart (hate promoting that store) but it is wonderful!  Used sparingly it applies the faintest shimmer that transforms a snowy card. : ).

I could not decide which ribbon I liked better so I created two cards and used one of each.  At this time of year we can ALWAYS find a use for a card with a winter scene.

The  ribbon on the card on the left is an Offray brand ribbon - the sheer ribbon on the card on the right is from Michaels. And finally... (insert busting buttons here) I drew and cut out the cardinals by hand! heehee I'm no artist but I really like how they turned out... am I allowed to say that?? LOL



Thank you so much for looking and please be sure to stop by the Mojo Monday blog if you hve not been there today.  I promise you will be inspired too!

Patti


2 comments:

Kristine Porter said...

Oh my goodness! What a beautiful card! I love everything about it! Love the bow, the colors and that sweet little bird.

Kristine

Laurie Unger said...

Wonderful designer paper! I like the first cards ribbon better, but both work very well!