Friday, February 14, 2014

Special Delivery



As the 7th Anniversary party at Papertrey Ink comes to a close here is the final challenge they issued"

"The Special Delivery Challenge is all about making the presentation as much fun as the contents.  Create a card and a coordinating envelope using the last ounce of creative energy you've got!  Think of the envelope as an extension of your card and feel free to layer it up, embellish it or whatever else your heart desires!"

 This envelope took me longer to make than 20 cards! LOL I really thought about skipping it altogether and making 20 cards instead heehee but I persevered and here it is... whatever it's worth! : p

I hand cut the envelope a couple of times from different papers looking for the best effect and then decided on Kraft paper.  I felt it really needed some definition so I inked it a little and now it looks like the hands are dirty! yipes : )


I did not create the envelope template.  A girlfriend shared the template on one of my very first cardmaking gatherings about 16 years ago. : )  This may be first time I have ever used it! I have become spoiled by the Cricut and die cutting capabilities that are so precise and  popular now but this was fun for a change.

I hope you had a SWEET Valentines Day.  Mine was overflowing with love! My wonderful husband gave me the most beautiful roses and took me out to dinner then and we shared some yummy chocolate that was hand dipped by one of my dear friends! : ) Who could ask for more!?!

Thank you for stopping by! Have a wonderful weekend.

Patti

Supplies used:

Floral Foliage stamp set by Melissa J for Papertrey Ink
Papers by SU designers series "Everyday Enchantment"

1 comment:

Carole Z said...

HI Patti, I think this is fabulous! I love the card and the envelope from your friend's template is inspired! Wonderful! Hope you are having a super weekend, hugs Carole Z X