Sunday, March 30, 2014

Oldest Tree Stamp

This is my second late night post (so please scroll down if you don't want to miss my first post from earlier today).  I have been enjoying a relaxing evening just kind of fiddling around with some challenges that I've been wanting to join.

When I came across the blog Shopping Our Stash I knew they were talking to me! As a matter of a fact I've been thinking a lot about challenging myself to a "shop my stash" challenge! so I'm sure I will be hanging out with these gals a lot in the future : )


This weeks challenge is to create a project using your oldest tree stamp.  I was surprised to see that I'm not much of a tree hugger.  I only have a couple of tree stamps - and this one had never even been inked up!

I'm excited to see Spring which only my faith in Jesus assures me we will see eventually LOL (There is another big snow storm headed our way I hear). So I colored my tree with the hope of spring! heehee



That's it for today : ) I guess I will sign off for the night and hope to see you again tomorrow.

BIG (((Hugs)))
Patti

Supplies:

All papers by SU
Tree image by Inkadinkado
thinking of is a masked version from the Teeny Tiny Wishes set by SU
Spring is from PTI's Birthday Classics: April Stamp Set
 Prisma colored pencils
Ribbon scraps from my stash


7 comments:

Carole Z said...

Hi Patti, this card is so pretty and I love that tree stamp! I had better hop over and look at that site, I have stash that I know I've never used, including stamps! More snow? Oh no! I hesitate to say that we had such a warm (tee shirt warm) weekend, so I'll pray with you that Spring will reach you soon, hugs Carole Z X

Peanut said...

There is a salacious rumour flying about that Spring is already here.... judging from the dropping temps and rain, I have my doubts. But you seem optimistic, Patti and this card doesn't hide it! Love the colours.
hugs, Asha

Carol L said...

This is such a cute and whimsical tree, and I love the tiny birds and sequins! Maybe this will make spring come faster......I hope :)

Donna said...

Ohhhhh so pretty!! Love the tree, the ribbon accents and the sequins! Thanks for playing along with us at Shopping Our Stash! Hope you'll come back often!
~~donna~~

lauren bergold said...

such a sweet and colorful card! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR (tree stamp!) STASH with us this week! :)

Chris Dring said...

Oooh! Love your Springy card, Patti! I really like that you colored the tree like a rainbow! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Helen F. said...

How fun to create from stash finds that have been lost in baskets, bins or right there on our desk (in my messy craft room) :-)