Sunday, November 16, 2014

Wishing you a wonderful...

Hello friends : )  I hope you had a wonderful weekend.  Where does the time go? Here it is Sunday night and I'm just now getting my posting done. Yikes!! I feel a bit like I'm in fast forward because I should be making these birthday cards in shades of orange with turkeys on them but instead it is snow flakes! : )  I honestly don't mind when they turn out this pretty.  We had such an early snow fall this year I decided to forgo the turkeys and get right to the dazzle of winter.



My friend, Theresa is celebrating her birthday on Tuesday : ) she shares her birthday with our oldest daughter, Kelly.  I pulled out some stickers! to make these cards.  That's right stickers.



I cut an extra face for my card a little bit smaller than the card base.  I placed the stickers where I wanted them on the card face and stamped my sentiment.  Then I cut the paper 3/8" from one long edge.  Next I trimmed off a scant 1/8th inch piece from the other long edge and attached both pieces to the card base using foam tape.  Finally I placed a smaller sticker in the center of each large snowflake - across the opening.  Can you see the tiny silver specks? these are actually centers left behind after the large snowflake (in the first picture) was removed from the packaging.

Metallic papers are so hard to photograph huh?   I know the pictures are a bit overexposed but I wanted the stark white and as much of the silver shine to show.  Here are a couple close ups that I darkened a bit so you can see the detail in the snowflakes easier : )





I would like to enter my cards in the Virginia's View Challenge #9 All things Metallic.  Please visit Virginia's blog and have a look at the wonderful cards made by participants from all over the world! There is still a little time perhaps you might like to consider joining these talented paper crafters by entering a card of your own! : )



That's it for my post but before I go I will share a picture of the Tamale makers and me : )   I had hoped to do a photo journal of the tamale making process but alas! The best laid plans are in the minds of (wo)men : )  Still! I will report that the tamales were outstanding!! as was the Mexican Flan that accompanied dinner. 

me, Renae and Matthew : )

Our grandson's Mom was visiting from California and naturally Matt wanted her to make some of his old favorite recipes while she was here.  She did not disappoint him! : ) or us!!

(((Hugs)))
Patti

Supplies:
White cs by PTI
Stickers from my stash (sorry : ( no manufacturer's name to be found)
Sentiment from Birthday Classics: May Stamp Set by PTI


19 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I love the simplicity and peacefulness of this card Patti! Thanks for your sweet sweet comment, OMGosh she is so beautiful!!!

Lea Lawson said...

Oh wow...this is so clean & ethereal! I love that you've cut the top peice in two, and all the beautiful silver embossing!!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Patti, these are gorgeous! Love the stickers - I never would have known they were stickers! The metallic snowflakes on white look fabulous! I know the recipients will love these! And I agree - the weekends go way too fast!

Hugs,
Kitty

Pink Peep said...

Gorgeous! Would never have thought those were stickers! My birthday is nov 17th. I think I would fit in with your friends and family! Also congrats on being in the fab five at retro rubber!! Jane

Manuela said...

just beautiful, love the clean style of your card with the pretty snowflake

Taunya Butler said...

What beautiful cards!! I am amazed that all you used were stickers - these cards look so elegantly done!! Kudos to you!! And also I am so glad you got to eat such yummy food!! You deserve all the best things the world has to offer cuz you have such a big heart and are constantly thinking of others!!

*Vicki* said...

These cards are really elegant look Patti!! I really love snowflakes and I think they make for a great birthday design too! :)

P.S. Love your "Tamale makers" photo!! So fun!! Thanks for sharing!

Peanut said...

Beautiful card, Patti. Simple, elegant and magical... just like Christmas! :)
hugs, Asha

Darnell said...

Patti, you have raised the bar on all future snowflake cards for Christmas 2014! These are magnificent!! Lovely to see the photo of you, too!! Hugs, Darnell

Kim Heggins said...

Stunning...just stunning! I love the soft and beautiful colors, so so elegant. And how fun to make tamales...I gave my sister a tamale making class for her birthday several years ago, we had a blast and I still make all our tamales, so so yummy.

Helen F. said...

Patti, you have inspired me to stop making Thanksgiving cards and really get serious about cards for December Birthdays and Christmas! Those silver snowflakes are so pretty on the white cardstock...love all the little flecks too ;-)

Alice said...

this is so clean and beautiful! such a pretty card!

Jen Mitchell said...

Nothing like simple snowflakes to make perfect cards. These are beautiful!

Virginia L. said...

How exquisite!! Thanks so much for playing Virginia’s View “All About Metallic” Challenge!

Carole Z said...

These are simply perfect Patti, so pretty and elegant too...love the pics! Hugs Carole Z X

Unknown said...

Patti, I love you and your cards, BUT I love you and your cards more when you make one just for me!! The card is wonderful and I love it. Thanks for just a lovely and well designed card. ps Looks even more stunning in person! Love you!

Deepti said...

Oh my these are so calm and beautiful. your card are so soothing to my eyes. Love love love the design and great pic too :D

Lynne in NI said...

Oooh what a beautiful winter birthday card (might have to case this as I think I have some snowflake stickers knocking round somewhere!)
Glad to hear the Tamale went down well .. always good to see an empty plate LOL

Marybeth said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I am studying how you made these gorgeous cards, Patti ! You are so talented! You made tamales ....that is one thing my mother in law never made,just her own tortillas ...the best! Hope you have a wonderful thanksgiving my friend. Love the beautiful picture.