Friday, July 22, 2016

Mama Elephant Stampede!

Hello friends : )  Happy Friday!!



I was honored to create THIRTY FOUR baby shower invitations for a niece in Wisconsin.  Thirty Four invites is a lot!  They wanted a "Woodlands Animal" theme which I was stunned to see I didn't have a single thing to wear to use in my (blush) vast collection of stamps and dies so I had to shop! : )  As the over achiever that I am I decided to do a design that I CASED from Mama Elephant HERE with a bazillion dies to cut out! LOL but when cute is the goal ME and dies just work!



I started with some soft blue and white polka dot pp from Hobby Lobby and cut it with a Stitched Rectangle die.  I inked up the paper a little to make my sweet clouds pop better.  I wanted the fox to be holding an umbrella because of the whole shower thing : ) but I didn't have one so I went to my DIGI file and found one from Dee Dee's Digital Stamp Store (which is now closed).  Next I cut out all the die pieces, the clouds, the fox, the hello and the balloons from the set but only used the string.  It was super easy after all the pieces were cut.  I just colored my foxes and umbrellas and assembled them!  Foxy and the umbrella are popped up with foam tape : )



I printed out the invitation details for the inside on my computer and cut those out with a little smaller rectangle die.

Time consuming but well worth it for our sweet niece and her little "miracle baby" she was not "supposed" to ever be able to get preggers! God is good!!!!!!!

I am linking up with two of my favorite challenges!!



AAA Challenges asking for use of one of our stash favorites and for me it's DIES!!  And Happy Little Stampers where yippee for me the theme is... DIES!!



That is it for me today while I put the finishing touches on my preparations for our good friends coming to visit from Wisconsin today!! I'm so excited.

I hope you all have a wonderful and fun day today!!

Please stop by tomorrow when I will share a VERY special birthday card for one of THE sweetest gals in Blogland!

(((Hugs)))
Patti

Supplies:
Tandem Extras by Mama Elephant
Landscape Trio Creative cuts by Mama Elephant
Hello Script by Mama Elephant
Baby sentiment is from Limitless Labels stamp set by PTI


26 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Wow lady!! That's a whole lotta cards!! They look absolutely DARLING!! Love the faded color over the clouds with the polka dots!! That fellow looks charming with his yellow umbrella too!! I bet the mom will be thrilled with these!! HUGS :)

Nancy said...

Incredibly cute! Your niece must be thrilled with how they turned out! Enjoy your time with your friends!

Mac Mable said...

Such a lot of hard work and so worth it. Gorgeous and adorable invitations. The softest of colouring and the prettiest of lay outs. Have a lovely time with your friends x

KT Fit Kitty said...

Wow, that's a lot of work! But soooo worth it! They are adorable, Patti!

sandie said...

These are adorable, lovely soft colours and superb colouring. Thanks for joining AAA

Jane said...

Just as well you love using dies then! Totally adorable and beautifully crafted card(s), love it! Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

Jill said...

These turned out perfect!!! WOW!

Melissa L. said...

So sweet! Love the cute little fox and the lovely yellow umbrella. 34! Wow! Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards. :)

Kathy Mc said...

These are adorable invites, Patti. I'm sure your sweet niece is beyond thrilled in more ways than one. Congratulations to her! Sounds like you're going to have an awesome weekend with friends - enjoy. Sending hugs your way!

Craftychris said...

Aw this is the cutest set of cards and so perfect for a baby shower! I am so pleased for your niece and I hope your have a lovely time with your friends! xxx

Becca Cruger said...

34 - wow! You are one dedicated lady. No doubt all the recipients will immediately reply YES!!! to that baby shower because they'll be so impressed with your designs and want to shake the hand of the talented artist. Oh wait...I guess that's only what would happen if *I* got one of these adorable little things! Seriously cute! And I'm seriously happy to be your latest bloggy follower. :)

Lyn said...

Such a special baby :) I love your cards, I imagine quite the labor of love, not to be punny :)

Lisa Elton said...

What a lucky niece to have these adorable handmade invitations!! All of your hard work was well worth it and I'm sure greatly appreciated!! They are just as sweet as they can be Patti. Have fun with your friends, enjoy the weekend ;)

Jeanne said...

The final result is worth every single second of effort it took to get it done. Wow! I'm sure your efforts are so very appreciated. What a miracle of life, too. Have fun with your friends! :)

Peanut said...

34... did ya say 34! That is one lucky baby. The cards are absolutely adorable, my friend. So sweet and perfect for a babe.
hugs Asha

Verna Angerhofer said...

That design is super cute and adorable. And, you really put lots of thought and effort into it and it really paid off. I am so happy for your niece too...as I know about a miracle baby in almost the same situation. Yes, indeed! God is good!

Happy Dance said...

Baby Shower invitation perfection! These are just darling, and I know your niece will be thrilled with them. Such a sweet ME image. Love those clouds and the fun polka dotted sky. Very cute! And if the shower is close to me, stop in! Bev

Unknown said...

An-orable (adorable) critters and great job on your shower invites! Classy and so well designed. She will be proud to have them.

Lynne in NI said...

Awwww these are sooooo cute Patti, bet you were glad to get them finished though ;)

Nora Noll said...

Wow!! That is a ton of cards!! I LOVE that design and the colors are stunning!! So sweet of you to make these!!

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...you are simply amazing! These are fabulous baby shower invites, so sweet and I am sure everyone loved them! You are the best aunt ever!!!

Glenda J said...

Perfect baby card. Absolutely adorable!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, these are adorable!

Catchy Sketch said...

So cute invitations and so much work!

Coralynn Murray said...

You are a crafting machine! Such a lovely invitation and I totally agree with you on your stash favourite. I love dies too. Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!

Susan Renshaw said...

34!! Wow. Fab result!
Thank you for sharing with Happy Little Stampers!
Susan
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!