Sunday, July 31, 2016

Serendipity Stamps - Fabric




It is August already!! hard to believe, I know,  but I wouldn't lie to you : ) 



Today I get to share with you a card I created for Serendipity Stamps Challenge #58 - Fabric.  For this challenge all you need to do is add a swatch of fabric, length of lace or ribbon, or other fabric to your design. You can try stamping on fabric, or die cutting fabric or just stamp an image depicting something made from fabric as I have done with is darling little threesome! 

Each month there is a $20.00 gift certificate to the Serendipity Stamps store to one person who enters their project in the gallery!.  To qualify all you need to do is to include at least one Serendipity Stamps image (stamp or die) on your design!  You have until midnight EST on August 29th to link up! We really can't wait to see your take on this fun challenge!

50% off Stamp of the Month

The design for my card was inspired by CAS(E) This Sketch!



I started out by swiping three strokes of ink on water color paper in ombre shades of blue.  After that dried I ran the panel through my Big Shot to get a stitched border (more fabric theme... get it? giggles)  Then I stamped my image directly on to the colored panel.  Next I stamped another image on to a separate sheet of watercolor paper - colored my three dresses in different ombre shades of blue using my Ziggys - fussy cut them out.  I glued the shoulders and bodice only of my dresses down and then sort of turned up the hems to give some movement on the clothesline : ) It doesn't show well in the picture but it does look sweet IRL.

I will also be adding this card to the ALWAYS! fun challenge at AAA cards where they are looking for stitching! : )  Not only is there faux stitching on my card face but each delicate little dress (made of fabric) LOL is stitched with love! : ) that counts right!?!



I will also join the fun at Simon Says Wednesday Challenge where it is Anything Goes!!





Thanks a bunch for stopping by!  If you have a minute please take a look at the FABRIC that my talented Design Team members have added to their cards for this challenge!  


Patti

Supplies:

28 comments:

sandie said...

Love the soft wash behind those pretty dresses and your soft colouring, thanks for joining AAA

Hannelie said...

So beautiful Patti, soft and subtle and amazing !
Thanks for joining CAS(E) this sketch this week!

Lyn said...

Your card is graceful and beautiful indeed <3 I saw a challenge for stitching mentioned so might have to get creative as I got my sewing machine out and stitched on a card which is something I have not done in a very long time :). Always a delight to catch your cards on my blog feed.

Jane said...

You've found a type of stitching I hadn't thought of! And it's so right with the pretty pastel wash behind those gorgeous little dresses. Love it! Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

Peanut said...

Clean and fresh. Now that's what I call a successful laundry day. LOVE your elegant cards, Patti.
x Asha

Jodi said...

What a unique card, I love it.

KT Fit Kitty said...

Cute card, Patti! Love your ombre background!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so pretty, Patti! Your watercolour strokes look effortless and wonderful! I love your take on the sketch!

LauraJane:) said...

This is REALLY TOOT SWEET Patti! Super ombre color wash, and your soft Ziggy coloring is admirable:))

Marybeth said...

Its gorgeous Patti! This is my all time favorite stamp and I love fussy cutting this one out to add to the dress! Your watercolor is stunning!

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a great card design. I love the simplicity of it but it still looks so gorgeous! Your background you made for that image is perfect.

Jeanne J. said...

Oh how I hate paper piecing! But it's so worth the effort! This is so pretty! Love the soft watercolor effects!

Mac Mable said...

The sweetest of card. Love the fussy cutting of the dresses and leaving the hemline not stuck down...Always love your attention to detail. The cutest of stamp for the stamp of the month too. Thank you so much for sharing this adorable inspiration x

Miriam said...

Great job on making these cute dresses look different than all the others! Lovely ombré job too.

laurie said...

So sweet! I love how clothes smell after drying on the line. Cute background too..so light and airy!

Happy Dance said...

I noticed the movement right away. I love this idea, and will have to try it more often. Your watercolored background is so calm and serene. Your watercolored dresses are sweet. Gosh, I remember when mom hung out the laundry....this evokes such nice memories; thanks for that! Bev

Lisa Elton said...

That trio of sweet little dresses has stolen my heart!! Love the light color wash you added Patti, this is perfectly delightful!!

Heather T said...

What a delightful card. I love the colours and images.

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

So pretty, Patti! Love your little dresses and the colors are lovely.

A splash of color said...

Patti what a sweet card.. love the watercolor background.. your getting it just fine :) The little dresses are wonderful.. great job .. again

Jen Mitchell said...

How sweet this is! I love the soft watercolor wash behind the...well, the wash! What a beauty!

Becca Cruger said...

Ooooohhh the soft wash of colors here is really sweet! Super pretty design!

*Vicki* said...

Oh my this is so beautiful here Patti!! Really love the soft brush stroke background and your colors are just amazing my dear!!

Stempelomi said...

stunning! I love it!

Judy1223 said...

Patti, this is absolutely precious!

Lynne in NI said...

Oooh your colouring on this is just lovely, sweet little dresses too. LOVE it!

cm said...

Another no-stick comment + another visit = a smiling me in seeing your ingenious interpretation of 'fabric'! Fabulous frocks; watercolour WOW! Oh, how I miss having a real clothesline!
Hugs~c

Ceal said...

super sweet card, adorable. Thanks for sharing with us at AAA Cards!