Friday, April 13, 2018

Friday the 13th never looked so beautiful!



Today is the day Penny Black introduces it's newest release - Nature's Art 2018.   I am excited to share several of the new dies available today in the Penny Black Store on my card today.



I cut a "Scrolls Half Edger" from vellum and made a stencil.  Then I inked a section directly on to my card face using sponges. After the pink and orange ink were laid down I lay my stencil over the top and "pounced some additional color to bring out my stencil (which doesn't actually show up very well in my picture).   Next I cut a panel from the "Wavy Stitch Edges" trimmed top and bottom and then attached it flat on the card face.

I took a small piece of white card stock and sponged orange and pink in the same manner as I did the card face.  From that piece of paper I cut a "Flowing Butterflies" die and trimmed the extra butterflies. I cut a second butterfly from the same die and glued the two together only in the butterfly body section so that the wings could be loose for added dimension.

Finally I selected the "Happy Birthday" sentiment and manipulated the shape of the stamp using my MISTI so that the shape of the sentiment followed the flow of the stitched edges die.

My design was inspired by this weeks Freshly Made Sketches challenge.  : )





All the supplies I used are from Penny Black and can be found at the links under each product photo.

51-418 Wavy Stitch Edges

51-446 Scrolls Half Edger

51-444 Flowing Butterflies

30-348 Oriental


Thank you for stopping by friends! I hope you will visit the Penny Black Blog for more from Nature's Art 2018!

BIG (((HUGS)))








14 comments:

ellyscard creatief said...

Beautiful cards.

Dawn Phillips said...

That is such a beautiful and subtle card x

Jeanne said...

What a lovely card, Patti. You know you had me at the beautiful butterfly, but I adore the interest you added to the cut with the stenciling of the background. So very pretty! Thank you so much for sharing. Hugs!

Linda Callahan said...

Beautiful diecut......love the scroll of pink! Very pretty card! Glad you joined us at FMS!

Marcia Hill said...

Absolutely GOREOUS card Patti...LOVE it!! :0)

Jen Brum said...

What a gorgeous card! I love that wavy diecut and the beautiful butterfly! So pretty! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Lisa Elton said...

This is soft, delicate and ever so lovely Patti! And just look how perfect the wavy edge die is for this sketch!

Laurie Unger said...

Beautiful! Love those new dies! Thanks for enabling!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Absolutely gorgeous card design. I love that layout and fabulous colors. And I can see the beautiful stenciling too. The wavy design is awesome.

Nora Noll said...

This is so pretty. I love the soft colors you used and the way you used that die. LOVELY design.

Lynne in NI said...

Ohhhh that's just so pretty Patti, I LOVE it!

Bobby said...

This is so soft and pretty with it's wavy cuts and light colors, Patti.

Loll said...

Soft and delicate colours and design Patti! Love how you've used the die-cut for stenciling. xx

Jen Mitchell said...

Oh wow, this is fantastic Patti! Love the soft colors peeking through the wavy die cut. And I can totally see the stencil! The butterfly is the perfect finishing touch!